When it comes to weddings, many women have been dreaming of their wedding since they were very young girls. Of those women, many, if not most, have been dreaming of a fairytale wedding. What exactly is a fairytale wedding? Really, it is anything you want it to be. However, the most common way to define a fairytale wedding is one that usually involves ball gowns, is very romantic in theme, uses mostly pastel colors and usually quite a bit of pink for the attire as well as the decorations. If everything about the wedding reminds you of Cinderella, it's a safe bet the wedding can be considered "fairytale."
When it comes to planning your fairytale wedding, there are a few different routes you can take. You can take the easy route and just plan a Disney Wedding. When planning a Disney wedding, they offer several different packages that include everything from a very intimate, ceremony only package, to a full package that includes everything for an unlimited number of guests. Of course, pre-planned packages come with a price and if you are on a budget, you may want to consider a different route.
If you budget allows (amazingly, you will generally save money), you may want to consider a wedding planner to help you through the fairytale wedding planning process. This will take much of the stress off your shoulders yet still allow you to make crucial decisions on what you wish for your wedding day. Many wedding planners offer packages that are specific to fairytale or Cinderella weddings.
If, however, you choose to go it alone, consider the following guidelines to help you through the planning process:
1) Choose your wedding venue carefully. You will want to find a location that is elegant and romantic. Be sure the location you choose gives you that magical feeling you are looking for on your wedding day. You will want to make sure that on your wedding day you are eagerly looking forward to stepping foot into your chosen location.
2) Be sure to choose a dress that fits your idea of a fairytale wedding. Whether it is a Cinderella type or something more whimsical such as the dress pictured above, be sure the dress fits the theme of your wedding. If you have seen a picture of a dress type you like, be sure you bring it with you when searching for your gown. This will give the salesperson a better idea of the type of dress you are looking for.
3) Be sure to choose your wedding colors with your theme in mind. Generally speaking, pastels such as light blues, greens and pinks all work well with the fairytale wedding theme. Carry these colors from your bridesmaids dresses (which should be full length) to your ceremony and reception decor.
4) Choose decorations that fit your theme. For instance, if you are having a Cinderella themed wedding and reception, you may want to use vases for your flowers that resemble glass slippers. While you will want to incorporate some themed items into your decor, don't go overboard with kitschy decorations.
5) If you really want the fairytale feeling, you may want to consider hiring a horse-drawn Cinderella style carriage as your wedding vehicle. You can either arrive to the ceremony in the carriage or be transported to your reception or both. This is the ultimate in fairytale style.
Tags: Disney weddings, ballgowns, romantic weddings, wedding flowers, themed weddings, destination weddings